Sapphire Valley Packing Tips
- Cool at nights, even in the summer, so always bring a sweater or jacket
- Packing for a winter visit ~ be sure to check the 7 day forecast and pack warm cloths!
- Comfortable clothes and shoes for lots of walking whether it be for window shopping or waking around town.
- Hiking Shoes, Clothes, bug spray, sunscreen, etc.. (Always pack some boots as melting snow and/or recent rains will make some of the area trails a bit messy
- A good book for reading and relaxation time
- Of course if you plan on playing golf or tennis….bring your clubs and rackets, however a lot of the public clubs have rentals for both
Sapphire Valley Dining
Most restaurants are very casual, but you may want to bring a dressier outfit for some of the more gourmet restaurants. Most restaurants modify their hours during the winter, so be sure to review the restaurants on our site and call in advance.
Sapphire Valley and area Weather
Sapphire Valley and Adult Beverages
Since the Sapphire Valley area is a dry county, and you like to have a glass of wine or drink where you are staying, you should bring your own alcohol. There is an ABC store in Highlands (12 miles away) and wine/beer is sold in the grocery store in Highlands. Most of the restaurants in Sapphire Valley do have a license to sell by the drink, but the ones that don’t, have a brown bag license and have a corkage charge. You may want to call ahead to confirm.